EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
Faculty of Science
Dr. Sobhi Mohamed Gomha graduated from Cairo University, Egypt in 1995 then he carried out his M.Sc. and Ph.D. studies in 2002 and 2006 respectively, at Cairo University in the field of organic synthesis. In 2011 he promoted to Associate Professor and in 2016 he was appointed as a full Professor of Organic chemistry at Cairo University. He joined the scientific school of Prof. A. S. Shawali in 1996 and he has published 120 scientific papers and reviews all in international journals in the fields of synthetic organic chemistry, chemistry of hydrazonoyl halides, chemistry of enaminones, green chemistry and bioactive heterocyclic chemistry. In 2015 he awarded the prize of the best paper in heterocyclic chemistry from the Egyptian Heterocyclic Chemistry Society (E.H.C.S).
Dr. Sobhi Mohamed Gomha’s research interest includes
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of several heterocyclic ring systems utilizing different
- synthetic routes e.g. 1,3-dipolar cyclization and cyclocondensation
- Synthesis of a variety of fused heterocyclic ring systems of biological importance.
- Preparation of organic products that have wide industrial and pharmacological applications.
- Adopting green chemical technologies in heterocyclic synthesis by using Microwave Irradiation, Ultrasonic radiation, Grinding and Ionic Liquids.