EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
Department of Molecular Endocrinology
Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
Dr. Akira Sugawara is working as a Professor in Department of Molecular Endocrinology from Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine. He got Ph.D. in 1991 from Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine. He achieved Postdoctoral Fellowship in William Chin’s laboratory at the Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston from 1991 to 1994. He is also doing many clinical works in Tohoku University Hospital, especially seeing patients related to endocrinology diabetes and hypertension. He received many awards. He is a member in various Professional Societies. He is serving as a member in Editorial Board and has several publications.
Dr. Akira Sugawara research interest includes
1) Molecular biology of nuclear hormone receptors.
2) Etiology of high blood pressure.
3) Pathophysiology of diabetic nephropathy.
4) Gene regulation of aldosterone synthase.
5) Epigenetics of hypertension and diabetes mellitus.